Hello Brides to be,
My name is P.J. Robles and I am one of the stylists on Blanc Bridal Salon’s Team here in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!! I would like to begin by saying “Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for considering us to beautify you and your bridal tribe on your very special day.” The following is a simple guideline for my suggestions on how to help you best communicate your vision to your stylist on your big day:
- You found the perfect dress – let’s start there! We want to emphasize the aspects of your dress that make it “the one”. For example, if the back of the dress is super intricate, we wouldn’t want to cover it with an all down or half up half down style. In the same vein, if you have a sleeveless or spaghetti strapped dress, having your hair down would be a lovely option! Another thing to consider is having a style for both hair & makeup that is not too far out of your comfort zone. Wedding days can be stressful. If you are unsure of your hair or makeup, it can create more stress. When you start to think about your hair and makeup for your wedding, keep in mind that you will be wearing an extremely special dress and that you want the look to be just as unique. It is important to note that you will want your hair and makeup to be more pronounced so that your beauty will stand out in photographs and in video.
- Pictures really are worth a thousand words especially to show at your trial. Sometimes pictures can communicate things you can’t quite explain. I suggest 3 to 5 pictures of what you have in mind for your makeup and 3 to 5 pictures of hair. Practice explaining what aspects of the photo you like, even if it isn’t exactly the perfect picture. This will help us, as stylists, figure out your vision so we can make suggestions on how to achieve your perfect wedding day look. We’ll take into consideration your face shape, eye color, hair color, jewelry, the dress, time of day, location, sunlight, etc.
- Bridesmaids! This is a good time to envision if you would like them to all have the same style, or if they can choose something unique for themselves. Traditionally, if the bride has her hair all up, then her bridal party would have their hair down. If you have your hair down, your bridesmaids have their hair up. But not all weddings need to follow this rule. Do what feels right for you. Lots of brides recently just let their bridesmaids choose their own style so that they feel comfortable and unique. It is good to have a decision in mind before the wedding day so that the bridesmaids can already know how they will be wearing their hair. That way they can bring a photo to show their stylist on the wedding day. If your not sure talk to your stylist about this on the trial date. If you are planning a trip out to Cabo before the wedding to finalize everything, we would suggest a trial at that time. It is a great way to meet your senior stylist and try your looks before the day of the wedding. If not, a lot of brides do their trial on the same night as their welcome dinner or rehearsal dinner. Then do a quick change of look so that their style is not the same for the wedding day.
- Grooming for the men!! For the groom & his groomsmen we can send our barber to tidy up the fellas and even help tie ties!! This is a nice add-on service for the guys to feel “pampered” while getting their necks cleaned up and last minute haircuts. It also it keeps the gents aware of the timeline so they are dressed and ready on time ~
- Extras!! We do offer the best hair and makeup services for your wedding, but did you know we also do spray tanning, hair extension installation, hair extension clip in rentals, a have a wide variety of beautiful hair jewelry for sale as well as root touch ups and trims. If you would like fresh flowers for your hair, just ask your florist who will will be happy to order them for you. If you envision some hair decor, just let us know and we can bring some options. Recently we have added foot & shoulder massages for the bridal party which comes in handy for those who stayed out a little late the night before. AND… our ultimate gift for your bridal tribe: “Our Champagne Concierge”. Hire our “on-call” handsome Euro man to present you and your girls with a bottle of champagne and a lovely toast before you run off to get wed.
I hope this guide has been helpful. I wrote it based on my years of experience and love for our clients and what we do here at Blanc Bridal Salon. If you have any questions please feel free to send them in the comments below. We look forward to serving you and making your day fun and memorable!