1. Always start at the root of your lashes and work toward the ends. This will create the most volume at the base, making your lashes look fuller and creating less clumps. I use a fan brush to get really close to the base of the lashes and separate them as you pull out.
2. Rather then buying a mascara that lengthens and creates volume, buy two separate mascaras – one that lengthens, and one that creates volume – and use them both each time you apply. Mascaras designed to do one specific thing (lengthen OR create volume) usually work a lot better than mascaras that claim to do both.
3. Rather then pumping your mascara wand in and out of the tube (which will make it dry out faster), put the wand in the tube and twist it around instead. You’ll get more use out of one tube.
4. DON’T apply more mascara after it’s dry, this just makes them clumpy. When you apply another coat do it while your lashes are still wet. If you like to freshen up your mascara throughout the day, wet your fan brush and use it to wet your lashes a little before you apply another coat. This will make them pliable and help avoid clumping and flaking.
5. To help separate your lashes, wiggle the mascara wand back and forth as you apply or use the fan brush or metal lash separator.
6. When you do your eyeshadow usually it will fall onto the top of your lashes making them look powdery and light colored. Don’t forget to close your eyes and do a few swipes on the top of your lashes to darken them.
7. If you have a problem with your mascara smudging, try putting mascara on your tops lashes only, or putting setting powder under your eyes to keep the skin dry.If nothing else works stick with a waterproof mascara.
8. I recommend only using waterproof mascara if you have to or on certain occasions. It is harder to remove and therefore causes more lashes to fall out in the process. I normally use a regular non waterproof mascara daily since its easier on my lashes and comes off with ease at night. I love Clinique’s makeup remover. It takes my makeup off so gently and easily.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Love & Light!